Let’s make things clear, and become familiar with the fact what leads to periodontitis. Tartar in large amount leads to that.
Tartar is actually a mineral deposit on your teeth that with time increases, and you must take care of that.
The best thing you can do to remove it, is to go to your dentist. However, there is also a way that you can eliminate the tartar at home.
In Order to Remove It at Home You Shall Need:
The most useful and popular tool when it comes to removing plaque is the baking soda.
There are Four Steps To Do This Procedure at Home
1. In a cup mix half teaspoon of salt and one tablespoon of baking soda. Use warm water to wet the toothbrush and dip the toothbrush into the mixture.
After that scrub your teeth for around five minutes and just spit.
2. In a bowl mix one full cup of hydrogen peroxide with half a cup of warm water. Wash off your mouth using this mixture. Do it for one minute and then spit.
After that, wash off with cold water you shall only need a half cup.
3. Use a dental pick to rub the yellow tartar. However, bear in mind not to scrape the gums because it might lead to irritation and damage.
4. Use antiseptic mouthwash to rinse your mouth. You can do this every second day.
Additional Advice for Better Smile
- Floss your teeth on a regular basis.
- Before going to bed, use orange peel to rub your teeth and do not wash it off. The orange peel acts as a bacteria fighter.
- The consumption of spicy food stimulates the salivary glands. This is a natural way of how your mouth gets cleaned by saliva.
- Use a soft brush to brush your teeth. Do it with vertical movements, thus being careful with the space between your gums and teeth.
Foods for Better and Improved Smile
The Swiss cheese and cheddar can actually help to neutralize the acids that create the plaque. That happens if you eat the cheese before meals.
In aged cheese, there is an ingredient that actually works as a barrier agent.
Strawberries and Tomatoes
The ingredients mentioned above are rich in vitamin C, and that is why they are great for your oral health. Use these fruits and put them on your teeth and let it stay for around 5 minutes.
This will make the build up tartar to soften.
After that, wash off your mouth with baking soda and warm water. Also, you can use other foods that have a high amount of vitamin C such as bell peppers, papaya, berries, orange, lemons and also lime.
Source: Natural Healthy Team