Cracked heels, also known as heel fissures, are a common foot problem, especially during the warm weather months when people enjoy wearing sandals and flip flops. Cracked heels are only a nuisance for most people, but if the cracks are deep, they can be painful and in severe cases can become infected.
In this article we are going to give you natural solutions for this problem. Forget about the expensive products which may have side effects and try this amazing remedies.
Baking soda and milk
Ingredients you will need for preparing the remedy:
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 4 cups of milk
Heal the milk and then add the baking soda. Mix well and pour the mixture in a bowel appropriate for your foot size.
Soak your feet in this mixture for 10 minutes and then rinse them with cold water.
The results are unbelievable. Your feet are going to be amazing after only one use and you can wear your favorite sandals again.
Lemon, Salt, Glycerine, Rose Water Foot Mask
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons glycerine
2 teaspoons rosewater
Pumice stone/foot scrubber
- Take a basin of warm water and add raw salt, eight to 10 drops of lemon juice, one tablespoon of glycerine, and one teaspoon of rosewater. Soak your feet for about 15-20 minutes in this water.
- Using a pumice stone or a foot scrubber, scrub your heels and the sides of the feet.
- Mix one teaspoon of glycerine, one teaspoon of rosewater, and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture on your cracked heels. Since this will be a sticky mixture, you can wear a pair of socks and leave it on overnight.
- Wash off with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Glycerin (aka, glycerine or glycerol) is a commonly used ingredient in many cosmetic and personal care skin care products. As a humectant, glycerin works to moisturize the skin by drawing water from the air into the skin’s outer layer.
- Repeat this for a few days till your heels become soft