We are all exposed to environmental toxins, which have harmful effects on our body. But, the worst thing is that the children are more susceptible to toxic exposure than adults, and the question is: How to protect them?
In this article, we’re going to explain how to give your children a detox bath and why you should be regularly giving them detox baths. Warm and soothing, detox baths are simple, easy and inexpensive way to boost your children’s health! They not only draw out toxins through the skin, but have health benefits which can ease the burden on the liver and help strengthen the immune system.
Why Give Your Kids a Detox Bath?
Detox baths are a great way to:
- Flush toxins from the body;
- Support the immune system;
- Promote relaxation and sleep;
- Promote healthy circulation;
- Increase concentration.
How to Give Kids a Detox Bath?
- Epsom salt;
- Hot tub of water;
- Baking soda;
- High quality essential oils;
- Coconut oil or olive oil.
STEP 1. Add the Epsom Salt to a tub of hot water.
Epsom salt is pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate, which are difficult to get through food but which readily absorb through the skin. Hence, ideal way to experience the numerous health benefits of Epsom salt is to add it in your relaxing detox bath.
- For children under 60 lbs, add 1/2 cup to a standard bath.
- For children 60 lbs to 100 lbs, add 1 cup .
- For people 100 lbs and up, add 2 cups or more.
STEP 2. Add the baking soda.
If your water is not filtered, add in some baking soda. Adding baking soda to a detox bath helps to neutralize the chemicals in the water, especially chlorine.
- For children under 60 lbs, add 1/4th cup to a standard bath.
- For children 60 lbs to 100 lbs, add 1/2 cup.
- For people 100 lbs and up, add 1 cup.
STEP 3. Add the coconut oil (or olive oil)
Adding coconut oil or olive oil to detox baths helps the essential oils to bind to the coconut oil and stick to the children’s skin which helps moisturize it. Also, it helps the oils clings to their skin even after they get out of the tub.
- For children under 60 lbs, add 1 tablespoon to a standard bath.
- For children 60 lbs to 100 lbs, add 2 tablespoons.
- For people 100 lbs and up, add 3 tablespoons.
STEP 4. Add the Essential oils.
It is very important that you use quality and therapeutic grade oils. They can be used for a variety of different reasons. For calming and relaxing bath, use lavender, ylang ylang, roman chamomile, or cedarwood. Use peppermint, cardamom, lemon or peppermint to support healthy digestion. For respiratory support use eucalyptus, peppermint, or a respiratory blend.
- For children under 60 lbs and over 2 years old, add 4 drops to a standard bath.
- For children 60 lbs to 100 lbs, add 6 drops.
- For people 100 lbs and up, add 10 drops.
- In order to get all the benefits of the bath, try to keep your children in the bath for 20 minutes.
- Don’t wash your children’s hair on detox bath night. The oils make their hair extremely greasy.
- The detox bath is designed to open the skin’s pores, so don’t wash their body with any soaps or harsh cleansers with chemicals. Their pores are open to absorb the benefits of the epsom salt and essential oils, not the chemicals in the soap and shampoo.
- Detox baths can make children thirsty. Therefore, give them some water or leave some beside their bed.
- Detox baths work best right before bedtime. Magnesium promotes sleep, so they will get a good night’s rest.
If you find this article useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thanks.